It’s time for the weekly review of positions in the HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio.
The spreadsheet for each individual account, along with the monthly balances and yearly dividends are now found in the tradelogs workbook.
This post will examine those spreadsheets for all positions held in the accounts (i.e.; positions not held will not appear on the spreadsheets). The only screenshot from that workbook that I will post has all the aggregate information, and that’s the tradelogs spreadsheet.
I will also post screenshots (see below) from the Thomas Dividend Manager program (link below in the weekly update) for each account in our portfolio.
Not currently tracked or reported is my wife’s TSA, except with quarterly updates on the 2015 Balances sheet.
“Smithers, release the hounds!”
- This week:
- ind-PandA (formerly brokerage-A) shows Total Net Profit of $6,639.44.
- Roth-A shows Total Net Profit of $7,707.73.
- IRA-A shows Total Net Profit of $17,289.52.
- Computershare (formerly brokerage-P) shows Total Net Profit of $2,873.91.
- Roth IRA-P shows Total Net Profit of $2,642.60.
- IRA-P shows Total Net Profit of $17,345.84.
- Overall, the HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio shows a Total Net Profit of $40,814.60.
- Expected Dividends shows $30,016.23 per year.
All figures are ‘since inception in 2012’ and dates vary from account to account.
Let’s see how it breaks down;
Here’s what the #HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio tradelogs spreadsheet looks like today;
This spreadsheet shows;
- Total NET Profit / Loss and breaks it down for each account
- 2014 Total Dividends Received and breaks it down for each account
- a wealth of other information, such as Percentage Gain / Loss and Return On Investment for each account, etc.
- changed the Return on Investment metric to now subtract trade fees
- a NEW metric, Return on Investment with dividends added (and trade fees subtracted)
- I have found a few errors and mistakes with some of the formulas and have made some corrections to the trade logs.
- Let me know if you see any errors. You have to download the spreadsheet to check the formulas, I think.
- You probably should not compare the 2/24/13 spreadsheet figures with prior weeks. (They won’t ‘jive’.)
- I do believe the figures are now backward-compatible starting with the 2/24/13 figures on a go-forward basis.
- With the transfer of accounts to fidelity I will now use the Fidelity history for accounting figures.
- On 1/31, I found and corrected errors calculating the total NET profit/loss, and the result is sobering.
- It seems I was not accounting for previous HUGE losses from auto-trading options, and added dividends twice.
- As I’ve said, the results of these corrections were quite sobering, but at least I’m still showing a NET profit.
- On 3/28/15 I found and corrected another error in computing the ROI% on the tradelogs spreadsheet.
- On 5/15/15 I decided to eliminate ETF/ETN screening, as I was not utilizing the results.
- On 5/25/15 I changed the screening procedure and later that week the procedure for looking at charts.
- For the week ending 5/30/15, our total net profit since inception exceeded $40,000.00 for the first time.
- On 6/4/15 I changed the screening procedure again, but only just slightly.
- On 6/11/15, I ‘tweaked’ the charting procedure and the #BuyList procedure slightly.
- Starting w/e 6/27/15, I made further changes to the charting procedure and the #BuyList procedure.
This data is further broken down on each separate sheet in this spreadsheet (but not shown to save time and space).
- June 27th Update
- I continue to use the new program called TDM (Thomas Dividend Manager) from www.dividendsoftware.com.
- Monthly partial withdrawals from settled cash in our accounts continue to augment our income.
- I have added some calculations on the Expected Dividends page that show tax info for the current year, up until the first RMD.
- The point of this being, of course, to avoid paying unnecessary taxes (might happen as soon as this year!)
- In the meantime, we will continue to live quite comfortably on a fairly low income.
- I met with my tax advisor to go over the plan to minimize taxes. I am quite happy with the result.
- Both workbooks have now been combined into one, for ease of use.
- As of 6/2/15, partial withdrawals from settled cash will be taken monthly instead of weekly from each account.
- Withdrawals will only be taken on an ‘as-needed’ basis (maximum amount is $1,000 for each withdrawal).
- Withdrawals are subject to a minimum withdrawal amount of $10.00 (No withdrawals will be taken if under $10.00).
- I continue to accumulate more PGH through both their discounted DRIP and OCP (Optional Cash Purchase) plan.
- I have limit orders to sell a partial stake in my AI, CYS, MORL, NYMT, & ORC positions.
- The full transfer of our joint account to sharebuilder, now called Capital One Investing, is in progress.
- This transfer resulted in the sale of fractional shares of BGCP & CNSL for losses of -$0.000966 & -$0.46, respectively.
- I have also decided DRIP dividends for PGH & PGF.CA shares held at Computershare.
- I have decided that dividends paying less than $100 per quarter will be DRIPped (BGCP, DRAD, O, PGF.CA, PGH).
- All other dividends in our Fidelity and sharebuilder accounts will be left to accumulate for share purchase and/or withdrawal.
- On 6/24/15 all remaining fractional shares of WMC were sold. This affected the overall profits only slightly.
- All mREITs showed major price declines due to an increase in the 10 year bond yield.
Here’s a look at our balances from the 2015 Balances sheet (updated ~monthly);
And, here are the current screenshots of the accounts in our portfolio from the TDM program;