It’s time for the weekly review of positions in the HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio.
The spreadsheet for each individual account, along with the monthly balances and yearly dividends are now found in the tradelogs workbook.
This post will examine those spreadsheets for all positions held in the accounts (i.e.; positions not held will not appear on the spreadsheets). The only screenshot from that workbook that I will post has all the aggregate information, and that’s the tradelogs spreadsheet.
I will also post screenshots (see below) from the Thomas Dividend Manager program (link below in the weekly update) for each account in our portfolio.
Not currently tracked or reported is my wife’s TSA, except for quarterly updates on the 2016 Balances sheet.
“Smithers, release the hounds!”
- To date:
- ind-PandA (formerly brokerage-A) shows Total Net Profit of $5,761.92.
- Roth-A shows Total Net Profit of $2,328.86.
- IRA-A shows Total Net Loss of -$5,281.17.
- PandAjoint (formerly Computershare, formerly brokerage-P) shows Total Net Profit of $1,895.79.
- Roth IRA-P shows Total Net Profit of $116.50.
- IRA-P shows Total Net Loss of -$4,562.20.
- Overall, the HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio shows a Total Net Loss of $13,506.47.
- This figure has been adversely affected by the conversion of IRA assets to our Roth IRAs.
- Recent sale(s) of depressed holdings and subsequent purchase(s) of Preferred shares also resulted in temporary losses.
- Further anticipated loss(es) are anticipated when this strategy continues to free capital for further purchases.
- Also, the tax man cometh and funds are needed to pay off the IRS thugs. One more year of this and we should be free of them.
- The recent sale of PGH at an almost 500% REALIZED LOSS is also a factor, as is recent price (re)actions on other stocks.
- Expected Dividends now shows $17,441.08 per year (from the Google sheets, including preferred shares).
- Total NET Profit / Loss and breaks it down for each account
- Total Dividends Received each year and breaks it down for each account
- Due to adustments in cost basis from converting IRA holdings to Roth IRA holdings, losses have now been REALIZED.
- Of course, any REALIZED losses also resulted in a lower cost basis in the Roth IRA account(s).
- Losses have also been realized from sales of underperforming stocks. Proceeds have been invested in preferred shares.
- April 2nd Update
- I continue to use the new program called TDM (Thomas Dividend Manager) from www.dividendsoftware.com.
- Monthly withdrawals from settled cash in our accounts continue to augment our income.
- Withdrawals are subject to a minimum withdrawal amount of $10.00 (No withdrawals will be taken if under $10.00).
- Most holdings show major declines in equity. I will no longer reinvest dividends except in my IRA and 1 other stock.
- Capital One Investing (sharebuilder) Automatic Investment Plan invested $53 each in calm, cbnj, cpb, ebf, npk, & ufpi on 3/22/16.
- Next Automatic investment will take place on Apr. 12th, as I invest automatically, usually on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday.
- Our portfolio continues to hemorrhage equity, but the wound appears to be “on the mend”. We now have unrealized capital losses of -2.49%.
- When annual dividends are factored in, our unrealized capital loss is then -2.43%.
- All of this is AFTER the REALIZED losses in our IRA accounts after the Roth conversions!
- All of this is AFTER the REALIZED losses in our accounts after sales of underperforming positions!
- We almost went positive, but then NYMT and NTRI reported earnings and sank double digit percentage points.
- Many dividends have been cut, some quite substantially, but dividends are still coming in. Economic rebound, my ass!
- Stocks in my IRA will be DRIPped & stocks in our Roth IRAs & joint brokerage will NOT be DRIPped (with 1 exception).
- Preferred shares will NOT be DRIPped. They are, after all, for income & not growth.
- On 2/22, STO 5 BGCP May 20 2016 $10 Calls for $.20 with $8.70 commission for net proceeds of $91.30
- On 2/22, STO 3 GSB Jun 17 2016 $5 Calls for $.15 with $7.20 commission for net proceeds of $37.80
- On 3/23, STO 2 AI OCT 21 2016 15.00 CALLs for $.25 with $6.45 commission for net proceeds of $43.55
- On 3/23, STO 3 CNSL JUL 15 2016 25.00 CALLs for $.70 with $7.20 commission for net proceeds of $202.80
- On 3/28, Sold 2,000 shares of NYMT for a loss of $1,434.10, with net proceeds of $8,985.90.
- On 3/28, Sold 1,000 shares of ORC for a gain of $405.82, with net proceeds of $10,335.82.
- On 3/28, Sold 1.271 shares of CNMD for a loss of $23.89, with net proceeds of $44.61.
- On 3/28, Sold 11.2299 shares of WSTG for a loss of $21.16, with net proceeds of $186.07.
- On 3/28, Sold 104 shares of BGCP in my IRA for a loss of $62.15, with net proceeds of $924.86.
- On 3/28, Sold 133 shares of NRF for a loss of $2,173.32, with net proceeds of $1,654.90.
- On 3/28, I bought 1,000 shares of ARMOUR RESIDENTIAL 7.875% 12/31/2049 PFD shares (ARRPRB).
- On 3/28, I also bought 350 shares of NYMT for my IRA.
- On 3/29, Sold 891 shares of AGNC for a loss of $215.22, with net proceeds of $5,735.77.
- On 3/29, Sold 317 shares of AI for a loss of $2,765.76, with net proceeds of $11,372.80.
- On 3/24, I bought 200 shares of RESOURCE CAP CORP 8.25% 12/31/2049 PFD shares (RSOPRB).
- On 3/29, I bought 100 shares of TEEKAY OFFSHORE PARTNERS LP 7.25% 12/31 shares (TOOPRA).
- On 3/30, Sold 9.7806 shares of ANCX for a loss of $28.89, with net proceeds of $177.85.
- On 3/30, Sold 21.6608 shares of NTRI for a loss of $125.75, with net proceeds of $418.36.
- On 3/31, Sold .724 shares of BGCP in my IRA for a loss of $0.11, with net proceeds of $6.49.
- On 3/31, Sold .997 shares of NRF for a loss of $4.14, with net proceeds of $12.66.
- On 3/31, Sold 518 shares of NRZ for a loss of $1,505.38, with net proceeds of $5,917.06.
- On 3/31, Sold 2.9279 shares of SPTN for a loss of $5.16, with net proceeds of $82.62.
- On 3/31, I bought 525 more shares of NYMT for my IRA.
- On 3/31, I bought 275 shares of RESOURCE CAP CORP 8.25% 12/31/2049 PFD shares (RSOPRB).
- On 3/31, BTC 3 CNSL JUL 15 2016 25.00 CALLs for $1.50 with $7.20 commission for net loss of $254.40
- On 4/1, Sold 42 shares of NRE for a gain of $10.06, with net proceeds of $467.58.
- All of this buying and selling is to re-balance the accounts, and to make cash available to withdraw for taxes.
All figures are ‘since inception in 2012’ and dates vary from account to account.
The “Expected Dividends” from the Preferred shares is only shown on Google sheets, under the Real Results tab on my blog.
Let’s see how the rest of it breaks down;
Here’s what the #HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio tradelogs spreadsheet looks like today;
This spreadsheet shows;
This data is further broken down on each separate sheet in this spreadsheet (but not shown to save time and space).
Here’s a look at our balances from the 2016 Balances sheet (updated ~monthly, and usually a week or so late) WARNING: It is NOT pretty!;
And, here are the current screenshots of the accounts in our portfolio from the TDM program (also not pretty);
IRA-A (Since there are no positions and no further dividends expected, there are no further updates scheduled for this account at this time.)