I’m Pat Rosenheim, a.k.a. the PandA Trader.
Hey, things change…
…and could change again, up until 5PM on the day orders are created (usually Mondays). I will try to update this post by 4:30PM on that day if I decide to change anything.
The following is temporarily (at least) replacing the sharebuilder selection process, modified and commented by me to update and follow up.
In my previous post, I outlined a method to screen for and select new additions to the portfolio.
Each week, I will;
1. run (102216) screener @ cefconnect.com
2. run each symbol obtained through perfcharts on stockcharts.com (maximum of 10 symbols allowed so discretionary ommission is necessary – over 20%?)
a. Also run through Chartmill
3. add current holdings 1 by 1 (again, maximum of 10 symbols allowed so same discretionary ommission is necessary)
4. trim as necessary to only include 3 new symbols with any current holdings “passing muster”
5. today’s result (FIF, HYB, TLI) graphed with some current holdings performing >= new symbols; http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/perf.php?FIF,HYB,TLI,BGH,DHY,IVH,GOF&n=200&O=011000
6. invest equally between the 3 chosen additions (FIF HYB TLI).
I can see this will be a fluid process!
Usually, though, once investments are set at the end of the week they’ll stay that way. Let’s see how that pans out…
Investments are calculated automatically on the Cash tab in my Google sheets. Check it out! I look for total return, and pick one from the top, one from the middle, and one from the bottom in the portfolio for investments (that are eligible for the AIP).
This account was going to only hold tax-free muni CEFs, and DRIP. Now however, tax status is very uncertain, so I am opening this account up to all holdings (that are eligible for the sharebuilder AIP).
In anticipation of Tax Day on April 18th, I have stopped the DRIP of ALL positions in our accounts to increase our cash positions.
Every week I invest a small amount (~$150.00), pro-rated among the 3 closed end funds listed in the post title as found in our portfolio.
I decided to make the ‘sharebuilder’ investments weekly, usually every Tuesday.
Here is a screenshot showing the investments queued on the Capital One Investing (sharebuilder) site;
The dates spreadsheet (which calculates these investments automatically!), showing the ex-dividend and payment dates for these CEFs, can be found in my google sheets. I also try to keep the calendar on my blog updated.
As always, YMMV!