Please excuse any random periods of seeming inactivity. I’m moving assets, and very busy with things at home. Thank you for your understanding.
I’m Pat Rosenheim, a.k.a. the PandA Trader.
This is the regular posting of the review of “Expected dividends and current holdings” of the #HYHRD portfolio.
The spreadsheet for each individual account is now found on my Google sheets.
I only post for my holdings, but they’re as accurate as I can make them. The symbols are; ABBV, AGD, ARCC, ARR, AWP, BF.A, BF.B, BFK, BGH, BKN, BST, BTA, BXMX, CLM, CRF, CSQ, CXE, DFP, DHF, DHY, DIAX, DNP, EAD, ECC, EVN, FFC, FHY, FIF, FLC, FPF, GAIN, GLAD, GLOP, GOF, GUT, HIX, HPF, HPI, HPS, HYB, IVH, JPC, JPI, JPS, KIO, LDP, LEO, LOAN, MAIN, MAV, MITT, MMD, NAD, NEWT, NHF, NRO, NRZ, NVG, NYMTN, NZF, OIA, OXLC, PDT, PFD, PFO, PHK, PHT, PMF, PML, PMM, PMX, PSF, QQQX, RA, RFI, RNP, SAR, SPXX, STK, TLI, TPZ, UTF, & VGR. Quite a list, eh? (83 total issues held; 13 common stocks, 1 preferred share, and 69 CEFs, of which 16 are tax-free muni CEFs.) Most pay monthly! Only ABBV, ARCC, BF.A, BF.B, BXMX, DIAX, GLOP, MITT, NEWT, NRZ, NYMTN, QQQX, SAR, SPXX, STK, & VGR pay quarterly.
This post examines recent & upcoming dividends and current holdings.
(This is where I double-check ex-dividend dates & amounts as well as dividend pay dates & amounts for the next 2 weeks.)
For all of our total shares (only shown on the Google sheets under the Real Results tab on my blog), the Expected Dividends from the currently held position(s) across the HYHRD portfolio are $14,287.60/year. This figure is taken from the Holdings tab. The dollar amount(s) invested in position(s) are shown on each account’s page. The YIELD is also shown on those pages. This does NOT consider capital gain/loss, nor does it consider accumulated dividends. Do your homework and do your own due diligence! YMMV!
These are declared ex-dividend dates with amount per share and expected dividends for the last two weeks (to double-check amounts, etc.) and the next couple of weeks (no amount means ex-dividend date is in the future and/or no dividend was earned yet);
- 15 dividend-NYMTN $300.00 (already paid)
- 16 ex-dividend-DHY $0.02 OIA $0.0344 (already projected)
- 16 dividend-FHY $8.24 FIF $1.49 FPF $6.10 MAIN $2.44 (already paid)
- 17 ex-dividend-CXE $0.024 LDP $0.156 MAV $0.0525 PHT $0.065 PSF $0.172 RA $0.199 RFI $0.08 RNP $0.124 UTF $0.155 (already projected)
- 18 ex-dividend-NHF $0.20 (already projected)
- 19 dividend-EVN $3.06 REML $21.76 (already paid)
- 19 ex-dividend-BGH $0.1482 GAIN $0.067 GLAD $0.07 HIX $0.0455 MAIN $0.19 OXLC $0.135 TLI $0.053 (already projected)
- 20 ex-dividend-AGD $0.065 AWP $0.05 DFP $0.148 FFC $0.114 FLC $0.119 PFD $0.078 PFO $0.066 TPZ $0.125 (already projected)
- 20 dividend-CSQ $14.12 (already paid)
- 23 ex-dividend-PMM $0.0318 (already projected)
- 23 dividend-BDCL $60.74 BF.A $16.00 (special) BF.B $24.00 (special) CEFL $26.39 DHY $11.98 GUT $33.00 MORL $94.48 (already paid)
- 25 dividend-DHF $14.59 (already paid)
- 26 dividend-RA $3.18 (already paid)
- 27 ex-dividend-DNP $0.065 (already projected)
- 27 dividend-ARR $1.71 NRZ $40.00 (already paid)
- 30 dividend-AGD $2.54 AWP $3.10 BST $2.60 CLM $140.24 CRF $133.69 CXE $3.00 DFP $3.85 ECC $8.00 FFC $24.64 FLC $19.64 GAIN $11.39 GLAD $4.20 GOF $12.46 HPF $17.08 HPI $16.94 HPS $17.23 HYB $1.49 IVH $2.40 KIO $2.75 LDP $17.16 LEO $1.09 MAV $2.73 MITT $33.73 MMD $1.62 NHF $3.20 NRO $13.28 OIA $1.31 OXLC $27.00 PDT $4.49 PFD $28.24 PFO $17.42 PHT $23.14 PSD $18.40 RFI $10.00 RNP $9.92 TPZ $1.38 UTF $42.63 interest $
- 1 dividend-BFK $1.29 BGH $19.12 BKN $1.37 BTA $1.91 EAD $8.68 HIX $18.97 JPC $14.69 JPI $17.40 JPS $6.94 NAD $2.13 NVG $1.38 NZF $1.26 PHK $31.39 PMF $1.07 PML $2.85 PMM $2.61 PMX $2.66 TLI $3.66
- 1 ex-dividend-FHY $0.08 FIF $0.11 FPF $0.1425
- 4 ex-dividend-GLOP $0.53
- 7 ex-dividend-DHF $0.0235
- 10 ex-dividend-ECC $0.20 KIO $0.125 LEO $0.035
- 10 dividend-DNP $8.71
- 11 dividend-GLOP $
Presented differently, these are ex-dividend dates for the next 7 days and dividend dates and amount for the next 7 days or until EOM, whichever comes first. These screen shots are from the TDM Dividend and Investment Tracking Software program that I use. All of these dates are pulled into the program automatically. I don’t have to search different sites any more, and reconcile which of them may be right. This program does it all. All I do is input my buys and sells and my dividends are calculated automatically. In the rare case where the calculated dividend doesn’t match the actual dividend received, it is usually due to the broker miscalculating, and then it’s usually in my favor! I’m not going to complain to them that they’re giving me too much money!
Here’s the TDM ex-dividend list for the next 7 days;
Here’s the TDM projected dividends for the next 7 days;
Presented yet another way, here is the sheet I use to record the dividends (subject to change) and projected out through next week (it might be 2 or more screenshots around the beginning/end of the month when most dividends are received), and when there are no dividends expected next week, we just look at dividends received (with the amount of holdings I have now, it will be an extremely rare occasion when I do not have dividends expected, but it could happen, so…);
Mr. Market may have different ideas than you or I, so it’s always a good idea to at least have a look each day. I don’t really like buying when the market is going down, but I don’t mind buying (or selling) so much when the market is going up. But, I buy every month; sometimes it’s every week, sometimes twice a month, sometimes once a month, and sometimes randomly. Every time I buy, I do so to increase my income (dividends received) and/or total return of the portfolio.
Part of the cash in our accounts will be withdrawn each month on an ‘as needed’ basis. I will retain some of the cash in each account for further investing. I plan on keeping enough free cash in the accounts at all times to last for 3 months of investing, adjusting amount(s) invested and/or withdrawn as necessary. This includes accumulated dividends only, and cash added to the taxable joint brokerage account.
Again, to see our current holdings;
Just click here (will open in a new window).
PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND REMEMBER THIS!
I’m not telling anyone to buy anything or giving anyone any advice, because that’s illegal. You see, I have no letters after my name, like RIA, CFA, etc. I SIMPLY DO NOT GIVE ADVICE. I only tell (and show!) what I do. You, like me, are all alone in this.
And remember, always do your own due diligence!