I’m Pat Rosenheim, a.k.a. the PandA Trader.
It’s time for the weekly review of positions in the HYHRD (High Yield High Return Dividend) portfolio.
The spreadsheets for each individual account are now found in the Google docs spreadsheet.
I only post for my holdings, but they’re as accurate as I can make them. The symbols are; ABBV, AGD, ARCC, ARR, AWP, BF.A, BF.B, BFK, BGH, BKN, BST, BTA, BXMX, CLM, CRF, CSQ, CXE, DFP, DHF, DHY, DIAX, DNP, EAD, ECC, EVN, FFC, FHY, FIF, FLC, FPF, GAIN, GLAD, GLOP, GOF, GUT, HIX, HPF, HPI, HPS, HYB, IVH, JPC, JPI, JPS, KIO, LDP, LEO, LOAN, MAIN, MAV, MITT, MMD, NAD, NEWT, NHF, NRO, NRZ, NVG, NYMTN, NZF, OIA, OXLC, PDT, PFD, PFO, PHK, PHT, PMF, PML, PMM, PMX, PSF, QQQX, RA, RCKY, RFI, RNP, SAR, SPXX, STK, TLI, TPZ, UTF, & VGR. Quite a list, eh? (84 total issues held; 14 common stocks, 1 preferred share, and 69 CEFs, of which 16 are tax-free muni CEFs.) Most pay monthly! Only ABBV, ARCC, BF.A, BF.B, BXMX, DIAX, GLOP, MITT, NEWT, NRZ, NYMTN, QQQX, RCKY, SAR, SPXX, STK, & VGR pay quarterly.
“Smithers, release the hounds!”
- To date (from the Google sheets, for all holdings):
- Expected Dividends now shows $14,427.89 per year with yield on cost of 9.23% with total cost of $156,343.90.
- Unrealized change now shows -$5,619.38 or -3.73% since purchase, leaving total value of the portfolio at $150,724.52.
- This is after my ongoing ‘harvesting’ of gains in the accounts, monthly withdrawals of dividend income, and includes cash.
- I am now also calculating unrealized change with total dividends received, and it shows $129,378.10 or 45.28% since portfolio inception on 4/4/12.
- May 19th Update
- Monthly withdrawals from settled cash in our accounts continue to augment our income, but no withdrawals for past 4 months.
- This blog is now hosted on wordpress.com. My domain, hyhrd.com, will redirect here unless/until it expires.
- On August 1st, the #HYHRD portfolio hit a new #milestone. We’ve received over $125,000.00 in dividends since portfolio inception on 4/4/12.
- On September 1st total dividends received since inception surpassed $126,000.00 about a month after reaching $125,000.00 in dividends received.
- On September 29th total dividends received since inception surpassed $127,000.00 about 4 weeks after reaching $126,000.00 in dividends received.
- On October 24th total dividends received since inception surpassed $128,000.00 about 3 weeks after reaching $127,000.00 in dividends received.
- On November 10th total dividends received since inception surpassed $129,000.00 about 2-1/2 weeks after reaching $128,000.00 in dividends received.
- On November 15th, MRD (or RMD) was taken automatically from my wife’s TSA and 50% was withheld for Federal Income Tax.
- On December 1st total dividends received since inception surpassed $130,000.00 exactly 3 weeks after reaching $129,000.00 in dividends received.
- Most of our portfolio is in our Roth IRAs; therefore the majority of our income is untaxed. We also hold 17 tax-free muni CEFs in a taxable account.
- On December 29 total dividends received since inception surpassed $131,000.00 exactly 4 weeks after reaching $130,000.00 in dividends received.
- On January 9, I partially converted 1/6th of my IRA to my Roth IRA.
- I will convert 1/5th, then 1/4th, then 1/3rd, then 1/2, & then the remainder of my IRA to my Roth IRA by January 15th each year to avoid forced RMD (or MRD).
- On January 24th total dividends received since inception surpassed $132,000.00 just under 4 weeks after reaching $131,000.00 in dividends received.
- On February 21st total dividends received since inception surpassed $133,000.00 exactly 4 weeks after reaching $132,000.00 in dividends received.
- On March 22nd total dividends received since inception surpassed $134,000.00 exactly 29 days after reaching $133,000.00 in dividends received.
- On April 15th total dividends received since inception surpassed $135,000.00 exactly 22 days after reaching $134,000.00 in dividends received.
- On April 30th total dividends received since inception surpassed $136,000.00 exactly 15 days after reaching $135,000.00 in dividends received.
- On May 31st total dividends received since inception will surpass $137,000.00 exactly 31 days after reaching $136,000.00 in dividends received.
Here’s a look at our balances from the 2018 balances sheet (updated ~monthly and usually a week or so late.);
This is an old screenshot of a table at the bottom of my Port. sheet that shows; position size rank, % change since purchase rank, rank by yield, and rank by total return (the screenshot below is outdated, but the latest info is on my google sheets). There’s also a table on the Div.’s tab, and the dates tab. Each one is a bit unique and may offer some insight or value perhaps? Worth a look, it is. Scroll down, you must…
You can tell it’s an old screenshot because I no longer own some of the names shown.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND REMEMBER THIS!
I’m not telling anyone to buy anything or giving anyone any advice, because that’s illegal. You see, I have no letters after my name, like RIA, CFA, etc. I SIMPLY DO NOT GIVE ADVICE. I only tell (and show!) what I do. You, like me, are all alone in this.
And remember, always do your own due diligence!